Pages

Sunday 25 July 2010

My Day out in London.

Yesterday I had the privilege of meeting a lot of lovely ladies! I went up to London for the Plus Fashion Bloggers Meet. I actually started out the day feeling quite nervous, meeting many fashioistas coupled with being a bit new to this game really throws up the question of what the heck do I wear?! I went for my stripey/flowery summer dress from New Look (this one!) (and boy was I glad of it once the sun got going!)

Anyway having successfully navigated Clapham Junction I arrived at Waterloo I met the gang and we were all given a Simply Be gift bag with a London A-Z, a cute little mirror and a discount code for our next order. Many thanks to Devon and Jo for organising the gift bags and Simply be for providing them. After a quick chat we headed over to the London Eye for a photo call.

The Girls at the London Eye.

Then we went onwards to an open top bus tour, the ticket man gave us a discount and flagged us down an almost empty double decker bus so we could all sit together on the top deck. Our tour lady was lovely -it was her first day on the job, she was very good although neglected to mention that our bus changed from a red tour to a yellow tour halfway through, making it a little longer bus ride than we would have liked!

Anyway after learning about Cleopatra's needle (twice) and the Brazil festival (twice) we alighted for lunch at Somerset House. We had a little quiz with Devon as our quiz master, our team - Team B(eautiful!) won in the end thanks to our vast knowledge of animals beginning with the letter N! I ended up with an item of my choice from Simply Be (which was an awesome prize!). As the weather was so hot we had a paddle in the fountain which cooled our feet down no end.

After lunch we did a spot of shopping, London shops are amazing! the Topshop accessories floor alone was jaw dropping! I could have spent hundreds! We then went on to the New Look flagship store (which now stocks Inspire wohoo!) and then The Evans Flagship store followed by a quick dash into Selfridges (at this point my stamina disappeared and I headed home, feeling very tired!) I think the group did well to stay together for as long as we did, it was so busy but we managed to get all the way to Evans together.

I bought a great maxi dress from Evans with some vouchers from Work (I will review at some point soon).

I think my fashion highlight of the day was Kat's (from Plus Size Beauty) toenails! Gold foil animal print, cool eh?! Plus some great sandals there too!

Anyway I had better go now I have cakes that won't decorate themselves!

3 comments:

  1. It looked like u guys had fun. Too bad I couldn't go.
    Next time! Love the sandals and tattoo, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo.. sexy sandals! Great pics - looked like an awesome lots of fun! =D

    x
    http://dialogueswithafruitcake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I wish they were my feet, alas they are Kat's from Plus Size Beauty, I dont think I could stay still for long enough for the amazing toes!

    ReplyDelete