Pages

Thursday 30 December 2010

Bump-it!

Here is a review for a Christmas present I received this year they're called Bumpits - (without a hyphen slightly unfortunate name depending on how you see the world!) They are plastic hair accessories designed to give volume to your hair. In the kit you get three sizes an instruction leaflet and a comb.

Now then, I am usually quite sceptical about plastic things meant to make your hair fabulous, having tried many many things throughout my early 20's I never found anything that fulfilled its promises! Bump its are pretty good though, even with my limited hairdressing skill and equipment I managed to pull together a couple of looks that with a lick of hairspray I think would stay in...

The kit
 My hair in a pony tail normally...
 with bumpit first attempt...
 With buimpit Second attempt...
 If hair-bands are your thing or tiaras (or your'e a bit younger than nearly 30!)...
 My hair down...
 Half up with bumpits (very 60's beehive!)...

Without the pinning at the back...

All in all a great little product. I would say they are primarily for special occasions. They could be spectacular used for an up-do for a ball or a wedding. (or even very good for fancy dress) I dare say a hairdresser could work wonders with them.

Thanks mum great little prezzy!

4 comments:

  1. I like that you have made a hair post. Giving some ideas for NYE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have patience because I have one of these and I couldn't for life figure out properly how they were used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some of these too, and really couldn't get the hang of them. I think I'll give them another try after this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hellllllo! im lois, ive just found your blog and like it! ive added you! x

    ReplyDelete