Pages

Wednesday 15 August 2012

OOTD Still here!

It's bee ages since my last post, so what have I been up to?! Well not too much buying clothes! I have been trying not to buy too much recently but instead have been wearing the summer wardrobe that I accumulated last year.

I have been spending my fun money on a Kindle and quite a few books, I am quite a compulsive reader when I get going and recently have steamed through the 50 shades trilogy, most of the Hunger Games, a Peter James novel (detective series set in Brighton) and a Matthew Reily (marine action romp).

I did manage to buy a dress recently though. I went into new look with my friend Em and although they didn't have an inspire section I tried on a maxi dress which to my shock and horror actually fits!

dress @ New Look sz 18
cardi @ New Look
bag @ M&S

 
In other news we have been growing sweat peas... (I say we I really mean the other half)
... and I have been baking cakes! what an exciting life I lead!
Anyhow Just thought I would post to say I'm still here! Hope you are all keeping well!

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress, and sweet peas are a favourite of mine, remind me of my grandad :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah sweet peas have become one of my favourites too. They have been very slow to flower this year but got there finally!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely dress you look fab!! And those cakes wow yummy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The white pavlove is a Delia recipe and the chocolate one is Nigella they are both prety good but Nigella seemed to win out on the day!

      Delete
  3. i love the print on the dress

    www.justjoannablog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dress, I'm really starting to see maxi dresses as some of the best pieces of clothing to own because they are comfy, cute, and easy to wear. You look lovely, your hair looks so pretty. Those cakes look yum and keep up the reading, I have an entire stack of library books I haven't read....

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I keep saying to myself 'im not going to buy anoher maxi dress' but I keep failing miserably! They are so easy to wear. I am quite pleased with my hair at the moment, it does need a trim though!

      Delete
  5. Those cakes look amazing.
    Do you mind me asking whether the measurements in the name of your blog are still accurate? Its just that our measurements are very similar, and I love the way you add the sizing of what you are wearing. Makes it easy to see how something would sit/look on me.
    Thanks Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep my measurements are still more or less acurate (I did double check!) If anything my bust measurements have gone down an inch or two but I think it all depends on which bra I'm wearing. I have quite a broad back, my underbust measurement is 44' ish which is slighlty smaller than my waist, the waist of this dress sits somewhere inbetween.

      I don't often look at New look straight sizes but in this case I was with a friend and I thought this dress looks stretchy enough to try! and it fitted!

      I find a straight cut neckline suits me best (although I'm quite partial to a v neck too!)

      Delete
  6. oohhh it looks great!It's always worth trying things on hey?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely maxidress!!!
    and look at those cakes, pls send me one!!!!!!!

    Love, Ylenia from Longuette

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dress looks gorgeous on you! And those cakes...*drools*

    ReplyDelete