Pages

Sunday 18 March 2012

OOTD New Look Colour Block Tunic

This was a total impulse buy. I was in no way looking to buy a new tunic but it just happened! I love shopping in Hull with my mum although she is very good at persuading me to buy stuff (not that much persuasion is usually required!) This isn't the kind of style I would usually go for I tend to like closer fitting arms I'm not a kimono top gal, It looks like I made an exception!

(The styling on this is a little thrown together-would love to have a necklace- but I was determined to get a review out before it actually sells out!)
The neck line looks a little big here but it's part of the style and sits quite nicely when I'm not posing! The fabric is quite shiny and feels pretty synthetic although this is part of the draw for this top, It's an unusual heavy weight crisp synthetic. One caution with this top is that a thread was pulling in the belt which I will have to sew up (to her credit the sales lass did take 10% off for me). This fabric is a little unforgiving in bright light and I would recommend a smooth pair of leggings underneath, it still feels pretty nice to wear tho. 
I'm actually quite proud of my legsies at the moment. I'm not doing anything to them other than the odd (and I do mean odd!) cycle ride and lots of walking around at work. In the past I have avoided wearing leggings because of the pre-conceived notion that a sz22 gal shouldn't! I'm glad they are creeping back into fashion and my wardrobe too!  
This ring is fantastic isn't it?! Its from H&M and my mum bought it for me, It's not a perfect match but who cares it's amazing! The flower is from my glass arrangement on my windowsill (from TK Maxx) and sort of inspired the colour combination. I love pretty things and colour in my house!
Tunic @ New look inspire sz 22 Here
Leggings @ Evans
Shoes Carvela via TKMaxx
Ring @ H&M
Nail Polish Violetta No7.

Hope you are all well. In life news I am about to embark on a new job tomorrow and am nervous and excited at the same time. It is a bit of a landmark in my career as it sees my return to a profession that I had all but given up on following my redundancy 12 months ago.  It has been a turbulent year however fate (and a decent interview!) has landed me back into the right spot. I hope to share more including my work wardrobe soon.



15 comments:

  1. That tunic is lovely on you!, Love that yellow ring!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks The ring's fab isn't it, don't usually go for something so big!

      Delete
  2. so funny!!!i love your dress..if u want to follow my curvy blog this is the link http://guapitatondita.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Your blog is great, you are a very sophisticated dresser!

      Delete
  3. Wow, I may actually be a little bit in love and awe of your legs, they are utterly fantastic! you suit this tunic so well, it looks amazing on you. xx good luck for your first day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look super cute and I agree with the above comment, I'm jealous of the legs. Great heels too.

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the heels are great, bought them in TK Maxx for £9 wouldn't normally buy such high ones but thought for the price it doesn't matter if I wear them and they hurt. I was quite impressed tho they are pretty comfy would buy carvella again.

      Delete
  5. You look great! Love this tunic on you! ^^d
    Good luck with the new job! ^^d
    MMxoxo
    gorgeouswithcurves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the job is very tiring but great!

      Delete
  6. Love the tunic on you, you're rocking it hard! And the legs look fab in the leggings! Good luck with the new job x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love to rock! once again legs induced !

      Delete
  7. Saw this tunic online, looks so much better in person, it looks great on you.

    Jessxo

    http://lifeonthelargeside.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was something that I didn't even notice on-line only really tried it on because I was trying on something else too! I've popped you on my reading list!

      Delete
  8. Hey!
    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    Love your outfit its really sylish!
    Shoes are sooo sexy and the nail polish is very cool and dark colors have been in this season.

    Ive been following your blog for a few months, I think you are super stylish!

    If you have a few moments I'd appreciate it if you could have a look at mine and if you like it then follow!
    http://bigisalsobeautiful.blogspot.com/

    LoTs oF lOvE aNd HaPpInEsS
    Maxine
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete